August 21, 2008

Sleuthing Plaid!

I think that will be my newest catch phrase when I happen to stub my toe. <grin>

I’ve tried to rent the Nancy Drew movie since it came out on video, but I had a nay-saying DH, and he wouldn’t allow it. Or, I guess I should say that he wouldn’t watch it with me! (I know, big surprise.) But, I just thought it looked cute and would be a fun little movie.

Well, my big chance finally came, and I got to watch it by myself while the DH was otherwise occupied. And, I have to say, I thought it was delightful. But, something that I didn’t expect, I really enjoyed Nancy’s little preppy wardrobe. That girl knows how to wear plaid! However, I do realize that we are not all as plaid compatible, myself included. But, I thought it would be fun to try to put together some Nancy Drew inspired outfits anyway, even if I didn’t use one stitch of plaid through the whole thing. It’s more about being more daring with colors and patterns anyway, right? Well, that’s what I think. Enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

It’s not every day that you can say you’ve been inspired by 60s-style plaid, so I’ll let it last as long as it can. I hope you enjoyed Miss Drew’s sleuthing-worthy style as much as I did! Perhaps her old-fashioned wardrobe might even inspire answers to some of your fashion quandaries. You just never can tell.

No comments: